Παρασκευή 26 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

Foreign Languages

Can we speak in eyes?
It'd be easier for me to speak.
Can I reply in laughter and shower steam?

Speak to me in hugs.
Then everything not understood will turn into intimacy and drip over me.

Hear me in silences.
Because the words are for everyone and you are the no one else that my mind is filled with.

Carry me in kisses.
Only the sliding of that slightly thicker bottom lip of yours on my hip can hold the weight of the million things you do to my mind.


--------------------------------------------------------
"Foreign Languages" earned an honorary mention at the Sentinel Literary Quarterly Poetry Competition (February 2016): http://sentinelquarterly.com/2016/04/foreign-languages-a-poem-by-christina-varvara-palmou/
---------------------------------------------------------

Línguas Estrangeiras

Podemos falar com os olhos?
Seria mais fácil para mim falar
Posso responder com riso e vapor do banho?

Fala-me com abraços
Depois todo o não-entendido transformar-se-á
em intimidade e gotejará sobre mim.

Ouve-me com silêncios
Porque as palavras são para todos e tu és
o mais ninguém de que a minha mente está cheia

Leva-me com beijos
só o deslizar do teu lábio inferior na minha anca pode suportar o peso das milhentas coisas que fazes à minha cabeça.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ξένες γλώσσες

Αν μιλούσαμε με τα μάτια
Θα ήταν πιο εύκολο να σου μιλήσω
Θα σου απαντούσα με χαμόγελα και ατμό που βγαίνει απ' το μπάνιο.

Μίλησε μου σε αγκαλιές,
Ετσι όλα όσα δεν καταλαβαίνονται θα γίνονται οικία
και θα κυλίσουν να με αγκαλιάσουν.

Ακουσέ με στις σιωπές,
Γιατί οι λέξεις είναι για όλους
και εσύ είσαι ο κανείς άλλος που κρατάει τη σκέψη μου.

Κράτησε με με φιλιά,
Μονο το πέρασμα των χιλιών σου στο σώμα μου μπορεί να σηκώσει
τα χίλια εκείνα που κάνεις στο μυαλό μου.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου