Κυριακή 6 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

The taste of another woman

He stood there wide open
his eyes wide open
his arms ladders to his lips
a pair that meant so little then
and so much now
so much in time units
so much quantified by the gravity of the human ticks of the clock
the sunrises together and the sunsets
the darkness together separated by the light grabbing itself from the edges of the bathroom door
light left lit to see the edges of your wondering eyes
light stumbling to leave you bottom lip bitten naked

For a moment an ocean was lying there with us
between me and his arms where 2 inches and an ocean
and I looked at it wondering
if this is the sea I will dream or drown in
if this is the time to float or swim to the shore
and if the waves will break me on those edges
surronding his chest uncovered.
I tasted his lips
and there it was.

Something inside me was left dancing in the true colour of his eyes
I felt my numbing mind lying on the meeting of his mouth where the words had come from.

The horse and the sunset, the place where the words had been
the square coming to me from that opening
like an abyss in the midst of a river.
Across,
the words that bit the skin off my fingers whenever they touched him
In this choreographed drowning,

I found myself on some street
I found myself to be the man on the window watching
some ignorant strangers' way home
when they stab their finished cigar
on my doorstep.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου